Servus Place offers a drop in child-minding service for children 2 months to 8* years old for a period of up to three hours. This service provides a safe, caring environment for your child to enjoy leisure time, while you participate in an activity within the facility.
We do our best to accommodate all customers; however we must maintain an established adult to child ratio to ensure the safety of all the children.
Please note: Parents must remain in Servus Place while utilizing the child-minding service. If you are participating in a registered program that is leaving the facility, you will need to carry a cell phone and give the number to the childminding staff.
Child-Minding will be closed for Canada Day on Tuesday, July 1st.
Regular Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 8:45 am – 2:00 pm
Monday and Wednesday 5:30pm – 8:00 pm
Tuesday 5:00pm - 8:30pm
Saturday 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Sunday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
8 year old children are welcome at the following times:
Monday - Friday 12noon-2pm
Monday & Wednesday 5:30pm-8pm
Summer Hours (for July starting July 2):
Monday 9:00 am – noon and 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am – noon
Wednesday 9:00 am – noon and 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Thursday 9:00 am – noon
Friday 9:00 am – noon
Saturday 8:00 am – 11:15am
These hours will be assessed throughout July to determine hours for August.
One- time purchase (per 15 minutes)
$1.43 per child
$2.10 per family
Punch passes (per 10 hours)
$51.30 per child
$75.60 per family
(15% discount on punch passes for annual members)
NOTE: Family Passes must be used by two or more children at one time. If only one child is using the service a single-use ticket or a single use one time entry fee must be used. Family passes are to be used by immediate family members only who live under the same roof.
Your children are in good hands. Staff in the child-minding centre have standard first aid and CPR (including infant CPR) and a security clearance check.
Ratios: we adhere to Alberta’s best practice guidelines for drop in centres.
Under 19 months - 1 staff person per 5 kids
19 months to 3 years - 1 staff person per 8 kids
3 years – 5 years - 1 staff person per 12 kids
5 years and older- 1 staff person per 15 kids
Check in/out process
How do I sign in?
• Parents will purchase either a single-use ticket or a 10-hour punch pass for the child-minding service. These will be purchased at the guest & member services desk. All registration forms will be brought to the child-minding centre, and punch cards can be stored on site.
• When you arrive at the child-minding centre our staff will record your full name, phone number and your child’s name and age. Please identify if your child has allergies on the sign in sheet.
• Our staff will place a band on your child's wrist and you will get a corresponding numbered ticket at time of entry. The time of entry will be recorded according to the clock in the child-minding room.
How do I sign-out?
• Please check in with the child-minding staff upon your return and they will compare the number on your ticket stub with the one on your child's wristband. Record the time and sign out your child.
• Please gather your child and their belongings from the cubbies
• Our staff will remove your child's wristband.
• The staff will calculate your payment and punch your visit card or accept single tickets.
• There is a 5-minute grace period… anything over 5 minutes will be charged the next half hour.
Staff will encourage children’s participation with books, toys, puzzles, and colouring. Staff and children will remain in the child-minding room for the duration of your child’s visit.
Health and safety
• Children play in close contact, which allows germs to be easily transmitted. In consideration of other children and staff, we ask that you refrain from bringing children who are ill. Our staff take great care to ensure your child has a safe and enjoyable experience.
• Please understand that your child will be signed out only when the matching ticket stub is presented.
• Toys and equipment are disinfected daily to ensure a clean and safe play environment.
• Medications will not be distributed or administered by staff, with the exception of an EpiPen.
• Parents are encouraged to pack a snack for their child. Please label all snacks, containers, drinks etc.
• In consideration of children and staff with allergies, please do not send snacks with nut products; popcorn is also discouraged as it is a choking hazard.
• We are not equipped to serve lunch or breakfast. Please enjoy the use of our lobby to feed your child prior to entering the child-minding space.
What should my child bring?
• Clean indoor shoes.
• Clearly labelled personal items (diapers, bottles, baby wipes, extra clothing, snacks, etc). Bring personal items in a large Ziploc with the child's name on it.
• If your child prefers a special toy, you are welcome to bring it along; however, please caution we cannot be responsible for lost, shared or damaged toys. Please take your valuables with you (i.e. purses, wallets, cash) and do not leave them in diaper bags.